2005-Marmaris Municipality Training Project
Name of Client: Marmaris Municipality
Detailed description of project: The objective of the project was to train all the workers, owners and related personnel in the Tourism sector to obtain total quality in Tourism services in Marmaris region. Totally 1100 people were trained from different sub-sectors of tourism. (All positions of hotel management, restaurant staff, drivers (taxi-bus-minibus etc), public officers, hospital personnel etc)
LIDEA assisted those NGOS in designing, implementing and monitoring the project in order to increase the capacities of them so that sustainability of the project was achieved. The specific objectives of the project were;
• To provide long and short term expertise in the relevant sectors in order to have a total quality in tourism sector
• To underline the importance of tourism sector as an accelerator for the economic growth
• To assist people who wanted to quit their previous (non-touristic) jobs and positions and became a part of the tourism sector.
• To provide long and short term expertise in the relevant sectors in order to assist with project supervision
• Capacity building for Marmaris Municipality
Type of services provided
Preparation, organization and management of the project was done successfuly by LIDEA. In addition to that, obtaining the trainers, curriculum development, training centers organization, all relevant training material supply, management of both project and participation records, distribution of certificates and diplomas were managed.
• Project Identification.
• Project Design and review.
• Preparation of implementation structure.
• Preparation curriculums, programs, time schedule
• Project Supervision and implementation
• Evaluation, monitoring and reporting