2004-2005 KOSGEB's SME Consultancy services project in Erzurum
KOSGEB's SME Consultancy services project in Erzurum
Name of Client
KOSGEB Central Directorate, ERZURUM
Detailed description of project
KOSGEB, standing as the leader organization in the World Bank financed Social Support for Privatization Project, (ref # 4587-TU), is assigned to provide "Consultancy Service For Small Scale Business Establishment " in Erzurum.
The objective of the project was to train all who want to establish their own enterprise in different work areas. In this period participant were benefited from consultancy services including work plan, feasibility plans etcs.
At the beginning phase of the project, communication with local NGO's, public institutions was developed and they were informed about the project objectives and benefits. Then Erzurum Chamber of Commerce was agreed to be solution partner at local so that they took part in project implementation actively. Hence, the capacity of the Chamber of Commerce was increased project design and implementation. Another advantage of the taking part in the project actively for Chamber of Commerce was coming together with its beneficiaries by means of set up network.
During the project, KOSGEB was given assistance in terms of supplying those services, like the determination of the unemployed people in Erzurum to be unqualified and not susceptible to form a small scale business. 120 participants were selected from 270 applications. One of the common business ideas was establishing enterprises based on agricultural and animal products. 24 people have established their own enterprises .Service also included to give consultancy services to newly established SMEs in reengineering. For this objective, consultancy services were given to 5 newly established firm and SWOT analyses of the firms were made in order to collect all relevant facts and important information about the firm. As a result of SWOT analyses, a detailed report including recommendations for the firm was developed. During the consultancy services to firm, it was tried to decrease the weaknesses of the firms and external threats. Strategies were developed for each firm to take advantage of their strengths and external opportunities
Type of services provided
• Pre-information about Entrepreneurship
• Preparation of Bussiness Plans according to the ideas of entrepreneurs
• Training on; Bussiness Formation and its management
• Research for feasibility
• Preparation of the Bussiness Plan and Committing the Legal work of the organisation
• Consultancy Service on the capacity improvement (for the people who become bussiness owners in 6 months)
• Increasing the capacity of Chamber of Commerce in project design and implementation
• Development of cooperation between Chamber of Commerce and entrepreneurs
• Establishing and developing the communication and cooperation between the local NGO's
• Interview with applicants
• Determination of entrepreneurs
• Business plan development
• Foundation of new companies
• Need and SWOT Analyses